It is hard to believe it has been 8 years since my last post.
A lot of things have happened, both personally and professionally. Some highlights and low lights ...
- We moved into a great new house 6 years ago on small man-made lake. Much time and money has gone into decorating and remodeling both inside and outside.
- During the last 5 years, we lost both of my parents, both of my in-laws, and our wonderful Husky, Mariah. We racked up the frequent flyer miles going coast to coast dealing with end-of-life issues for both sets of parents.
- I am officially old, having turned 70 in 2017.
- Five years ago, I accepted a fulltime teaching position at American River College in Sacramento, California.
- I was recently granted tenure.
Of course both currently and in the recent past, we are all dealing with the coronavirus pandemic (more on this in a future post) and its effects on our personal and professional lives.
Here in California, we mathematics instructors are also dealing with the legislator's AB-705, which basically outlawed remedial education and it's fallout. The legislature decided they knew more about teaching mathematics and English then the professionals. When this happens, it almost never turns out well.
That's it for today. I have grand plans for the future of this blog, but then I also had grand plans 8 years ago.